Sunday, April 5, 2015

William McKinley Carson Park

Named after our 25th President and in Greenwood Village, so not a park of Denver Parks and Rec, but the nearest skate park to our apartment. We've been here a few times so Cainen can play at the skate park here. It's small, compared to the Denver skate park downtown, but it's close. It's really pretty, as far as landscaping, but it's surrounded by buildings. It's very small, so for me to get any good exercise here I'd probably have to walk around it twenty times, but it's fun to sit on one of the benches and read, which is what I typically do when we come here. If you leave near this park and have a kid who likes to skate board, definitely come. And then afterward visit the much larger Westlands Park across the street.*And clearly those two photos at the bottom were taken on different days. :)







3 comments:

  1. You better check your history this part was named after William McKinley Carson the husband of Gladys Carson who donated the land for the park. Iknow this because William McKinley Carson is my Grandfather William I Boston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!!! My name is Brian Carson!! Gladys and William are my great grandparents....we would love to talk to you more. This is my wife's email....get ahold of us. Katanawolf1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw your comment on the PARK in Colorado named after my Grandfather will try to email you my email is skbillboston@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete