Monday, June 16, 2014

Dillon Reservoir

Dillon Reservoir is not a part of Denver Parks and Rec. It's about two hours west of Golden, off the I-70. I want to include any sort of outdoorsy, Colorado type stuff we do on this blog too. We went camping here with our church. My car struggled to get up here, so I was nervous going up. But it was easy to come back down.

This is a really beautiful town. We pass through Idaho Springs, which I learned has rapids. Dillon Reservoir is also right next to Silverthorne, Co. There was still snow on the mountains but everything is also turning green and growing. I learned a lot about camping this trip! Silly things that maybe I should have known. We were right near the water, so that was relaxing. It was warm during the day and cold at night. It even snowed for a half an hour and stopped just as suddenly- crazy Colorado weather. The elevation is about 9,000, so I felt like an old wheezing granny.

Cainen spent a good 45 minutes when we first got there throwing rocks. He spent a lot of time wandering around by himself. Madison and I hiked around a bit. We had a camp fire at night, which the kids said was one of their favorite parts. They even had fun during the day starting and putting out the fire, again and again. We all definitely will be going camping again.


















No comments:

Post a Comment